How about a software defined fly swatter? <grin>


-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joel Harrison
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 2:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] RX2 Off Frequency Issue


Thanks Tim...I have not yet done so, but will right now since I'm goofing off 
in the shack today.

73 Joel W5ZN

p.s. Do I win a coffee cup for finding and reporting a bug?? :-)) Just Kidding!


-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Ellison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 1:45 PM
To: Steve Kallal; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] RX2 Off Frequency Issue

Yep, it looks like a bug.  Please submit a Bug Tracker report if you already 
haven't done so.  Thanks.



-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Kallal
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 1:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] RX2 Off Frequency Issue

Yes I have seen the same bug, but didn't get around to posting it on the bug 
tracker yet. I noticed it one evening on 40 meters with RX1 set to CW at the 
low end and RX2 listening up in the phone section. I haven't tried it in 
reverse, that is RX1 as SSB and RX2 as CW.
73,
Steve N6VL

----- Original Message ----
From: Joel Harrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 9:46:51 AM
Subject: [Flexradio] RX2 Off Frequency Issue


I want to see if anyone else has reported or is aware of the following problem. 
It pertains to the Flex 5000A with RX2 installed.

When RX1 is in CW mode and RX2 is in either USB or LSB, the RX2 frequency will 
be off by the CW pitch frequency.

For example, if I have RX1 on 6 meter CW and RX 2 is on 20 meters USB, say 
14185.0 listening to the guys there, to tune them in I have to go to 14185.5
(.5 KHz is my CW freq). If I change my CW pitch freq to 750 Hz, then I have to 
tune RX2 in USB mode to 14185.75 to tune them in properly. The same thing 
happens when RX2 is in LSB as well on, say 80 or 40 meters.

When RX1 is in a SSB mode, everything is fine, but this happens every time I 
have RX1 on CW and RX2 on SSB.

W5LUA and I were chatting a bit earlier and I asked Al to see if his 5000 
produced the same response and it did.

If you have both RX's on SSB and switch RX1 to CW, you will not notice the 
frequency change in RX2 until you change the frequency. So, if you switch
RX1 to CW and move RX2 by 1 Hz it will jump to the CW pitch frequency offset 
and RX2 will remain in that condition until RX1 is returned to SSB.

If RX1 is in LSB and RX2 is on USB everything is fine. It only occurs when
RX1 is in CW and RX2 is in SSB.

So, has this been experienced before by anyone? Is this a software bug?

Inquiring minds need to know!!

73 from your humble Flex Monster

Joel W5ZN



_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
http://www.flex-radio.com/

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
http://www.flex-radio.com/





_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to