Fan Noise made irrelevant may sound like wishful thinking. But, mine effected
me only on transmit since I use head phones. My Heil C5 mic picked up the sound
of all fans and any other noise in the house. All seems well after I tinkered
with the "PA Gain Settings". My problem was that I had my mic gain turned up
too high to try and get near 100 Watts out on SSB. I noticed that after
calibrating, the PA the gain was set at 52.6 on 80 MTRs. When I finally moved
it down to 50.0, the power out increased to 123 Watts. I then reduced my mic
gain by 20 % (from 55 to 45) to get the SSB transmit Wattage to read just under
100 Watts. The net results was that my Heil C5 mic no longer picked up fan
noise from the SDR1000, no Linear noise or even A/C noise as well. Contacts
confirm that my 'shack noise' is totally gone and the audio is still
outstanding.