Hi,
my experience is that switching power supplies are much better than
their reputation as reflected here in the comments of the last days.
I am using switching supplies within my self-assembled computer
(build-in in the housing SilvStone LC11), at 13.8V for the F5k (Manson
SPS9600), in addition two ones in my homemade MosFET linear one at 12V
and another one at 48V (SCP-1k2-48) the latter delivering 1.2 kW output.
So far I don't see any problems.
A quarter century ago with the technology of these days I had problems
and found birdies every 40 kHz even within the 2 m band and replaced the
switching supply of the transverter by an analog controlled one,
however, with modern ones, ... see before.
Hans, DL2MDQ.