Have you looked into the functionality of the three sequenced keying lines on
the FLEX-5000?

-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Maarten
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 11:58 PM
To: 'Jim Lux'
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flexwire

Oh. That really stinks. I can pretty much forget to homebrew something. This
will make it tough to transfer my transverter hardware to a SDR5000.
Programming a PIC or Rabbit sounds far more difficult than wiring a couple
of relais and is most likely beyond my expertise. I kind of missed the whole
digital electronic development. Hi.
What was the reason not to include the X2 connector? I can understand to go
to a better communication interface but why ditch the legacy port. So far I
have not found any interfaces in the knowledge base. On google I found a few
ham applications using the I2C protocol.
How long did it take to finally get the UCB board developed.
73 Maarten N1DZ