On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Bill Ockert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually they have said they will do just that.  Quoting from the Flex-5000
> Owners Manual Version 1.10.3, caption under Table 4 on Page 9 "Table 4
> above
> shows the FlexWire connector pin-out.  Complete specifications and the
> programming interface will be published to allow home brew and third party
> add-on products."

What's referred to here is the API, the model of the device that is
presented to external applications. That *will* be public. What won't be
publicized are the details of the implementation, even though they are
visible in the source code. It's not that the internal details are secret.
It's that they are and will be mutable without notice, where the API is
stable.

It's the internals that Jim was referring to as not public, I believe. A lot
of the point of the public API is to have a (public) structure that external
applications can rely on, while keeping the low-level (private)
implementation flexible.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
Travelling by airplane in the US is nothing more than mass training of
Americans to the requirements of the coming police state. The whole point is