At 06:53 AM 7/28/2008, Tim Ellison wrote:
>It will need to be vetted out by a lot more SDR-1000 users before it
>is considered for inclusion into the test branch of PowerSDR.
>
>Please keep the Reflector updated to its progress.
>

>-Tim

bringing up a mildly interesting question... What is the process for
"consideration for inclusion"?  (I recognize that it's adhoc and not
documented.. it's not like there are quarterly configuration control
board meetings..) but... what would constitute "vetting out by a lot
more SDR-1000 users"... 10? 100?  2?

I assume that Flex-radio is the "keeper of the PowerSDR
configuration" in an official sense, so ultimately, I would assume
it's "sufficient testing to make Gerald and Eric W comfortable with
supporting it"...

And, based on their recent statements of "no new features, just bug
fixes" (so as to not distract from getting the NA going...), this
might fit (along with the couple hundred other enhancement requests
on the list) in a "some indeterminate time in the future"..

There's nothing stopping someone from forking PowerSDR, though..
(aside from some not inconsiderable effort to maintain a repository, etc.)