Hooked up the Griffin PowerMater tonight so I could have a "fine tune"
control for my left hand while I'm sending CW with my right hand.

The PowerMate is working OK, but it seems to be experiencing some latency
issues. I do not have that with my mouse wheel.

The computer is a Dell with an Intel Quad Core processor and the CPU usage
does not spike up when this happens. CPU usage stays around 12-15%. The
sensitivity
slider in the PowerMate configuration window is set to max and the latency
issue does get worse if I lower the slider sensitivity setting.

If I turn the PowerMate wheel fast it freezes up the display for just a bit
until it "catches up". Again, I don't have this problem with the mouse wheel
and if I turn the mouse wheel fast PowerSDR just keeps on its smooth
operation.

Is there a hardware setting I'm missing to improve/correct the PowerMate
condition???

Any help on the Griffin PowerMate condition is appreciated.

Also, while I have the "floor", thanks to everyone that dropped me a note
about CW Skimmer. It is working VERY well now on my 5000A!

73 Joel W5ZN