I have been using SP3 since it was released with no problem. Before I
installed it I read the multipage notes from Microsoft on what changes were
incorporated in the release and was pleased to find that the firewire fix was
included. If you remember past posts about the subject, SP2 caused firewire to
revert to the lower 100mb/sec speed. According to Microsoft, SP3 includes the
fix that allows it to run at the full 400mb/sec. From what I understand, to
accomplish that SP2 requires a patch that isn't included in the normal SP2
automatic updates. If I remember correctly, I think that patch requires a
registry edit.

Jim
K5HY