-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dale Boresz
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 7:35 PM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Cc: Jim Menefee
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Automatic Rate Tuning (ART Tuning)

I'm not a contester, so maybe I don't understand the scenario, but  ...

 How can 'dialing' - with any type of knob control - toward a target
signal seen on a high resolution panadapter like that of PSDR, possibly
be faster or more efficient than just clicking on the desired signal
with a mouse? A single click followed by a slight adjustment (if
necessary) with the mouse wheel is mighty quick.

What am I missing?

Dale
WA8SRA

I was thinking the same thing, but then I don't operate in contest either.

Cecil
k5nwa
www.softrockradio.org www.smallcpu.org www.qrpradio.org
"Blessed are the cracked for they shall let the light in."