Interesting, exact same senarior here with the exception of UAC on.

        73 Ross K9COX

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ray, K9DUR
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 3:15 PM
To: 'Tim Ellison'; 'David Gardner'; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex 5000

Tim,

For what it is worth, I also loaded the new driver/firmware/software on my
PC.  It is running Vista Home Premium SP1.  I did not experience the problem
that Dave did.  Of course, I started with a new database every time.

I did have one small hiccup though. I installed the new driver (after
uninstalling the old one) & loaded the new firmware.  After installing
PowerSDR v1.14.0, it would not execute.  It failed with a message saying
that it could not open the FLEX-5000 device.  However, the firmware control
panel indicated that all was well, and I was able to successfully update the
firmware.  Uninstalling the new driver & re-installing it solved the
problem.

73, Ray, K9DUR