Are you running Service Pack 1?  If so, you can "self-sign" the drivers
and boot in "test mode" and it will work.  Google will find the driver
signing scripts for you and if you can't track them down please let me
know and I'll send them.

73 - Frank
w4fty

Neal Campbell wrote:
> I never found the reason that Vista x64 disables the driver (even with
> te F8 trick) after an hour or more. I still think it might be windows
> defender, as I think I only halfway disabled it. I will look into it
> again in a few days. Otherwise it runs really well. One caveat: if you
> are using VAC 4.0.8 it has the same unsigned driver issue. His release
> notes lead me to believe that 4.0.9 is signed but since i already have
> to use the F8 trick it doesn't matter.
>
> I will bet someone else's money that Windows 9 will force driver
> signing, even in 32 bit mode. BTW the disable detection of unsigned
> drivers option is in Vista x32's F8 menu which might tell you
> something!
>
> Adobe's AIR architecture, which allows you to create desktop
> applications using the Flash virtual machine, also requires signing.
> They have an option of using a self-signed application, which allows
> the app to install but will warn the user to hold tight. But they only
> require a Thwate or Verisign certificate, not M$'s blessing
> certficate.
>
> After watching TV last night, I think we should send an email to Jerry
> Seinfeld and ask for one of those nice warm and chewy features to
> defeat this money making scheme!
> Neal
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Dudley Hurry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Sig,
>>
>> There are some driver signing issues with the FireWire driver.   Since
>> it is unsigned and Vista 64 requires signed drivers,  you will need to
>> run in Test Mode (F8)  when booting up,  which will allow unsigned
>> drivers to be used.   A certain condition has been reported where Vista
>> will lock out the driver because of the unsigned condition, even
>> re-installation will not correct,  no workaround to this condition
>> reported yet.  So there might be some issues.
>>
>> The last time I checked with Microsoft, the cost to have a driver signed
>> was roughly $100K  for MS lab work..  :-(   And that was just for that
>> version of OS,  if MS decided to come up with a new version,  you get to
>> pay again..   Nice work if you can get it!!
>>
>> If you get to try it, please let everyone know the results.
>>
>> 73,
>> Dudley
>>
>> WA5QPZ
>>

>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> Gerald, I have a new computer coming that was mistakenly loaded with
>>> Windows XP 64 bit version.  Will the new firmware, driver and Power SDR
>>> v1.14 work with Windows XP 64 bit version as it apparently will with Vista
>>> 64 bit version?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Sig, NV7E (ZS6SIG)

 Frank Terhaar-Yonkers      W4FTY   TRA 8325/L3
 Apex, North Carolina
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]