From: Lux, James P [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 2:25 PM
To: Maarten; Tim Ellison; Lee A Crocker; Flexradio
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] 1500

On 10/5/08 10:26 AM, "Maarten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Flex-1500 would make a great VHF/UHF transverter rig. The only problem
> see is the lack of any I/O control. It has the Flexwire port but as of now
> do not know of anything working of that port.

I don't think anyone has anything that is a Flexwire peripheral yet..

PowerSDR doesn't have any sort of real way to talk to it yet (aside from
modifying the source code) in the vein of some sort of configuration screen.

Since FlexWire is basically I2C, I'm not sure how well it would work for
something where you needed reliable deterministic timing on a millisecond
time scale (if you were planning on timing your PIN diode switch to protect
your GaAsFET preamp).  I've implemented things with precision using I2C
before, but it typically requires a fairly low level software driver. If the
interface is exposed through multiple layers of a protocol stack, it might
be tricky.  OTOH, I would also say that critical timing shouldn't be done in
application code running on a PC anyway, so maybe it's not an issue.