GM, 



I apologize if this has been answered before. I did quite a bit of poking 
around in the knowledge base (search engine not working) and in the various 
forums, and I did not come across this question. 



I am planning to dedicate my snappy laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T7500 
Processor, 3G DDR2 RAM) for use with my Flex-5000A. I need to purchase an 
ExpressCard 54 Firewire adapter. I can only seem to find two models that might 
be suitable: 



SIIG 2-PORT Firewire 800 



XTERASYS E94A IEEE 1394 ExpressCard 2 



    1. I am looking for opinions / experience as to which might be a better 
choice, 
    2. Any opinion as to why the Xterasys requires an external power supply and 
the SIIG does not. Is this a performance advantage? 




There are many, many choices if I would select the 34 mm adapter, but for 
mechanical stability, I’d prefer to use the 54mm. 



Thanks for your help. 



Jim, WS6X
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to