Harry,

All of what you are looking for is documented in the Knowledge Center.  This is 
the best place to look first for information regarding FlexRadio products.

Here are the articles that answer your questions:

The KC article "How to Determine the FLEX-5000 Device Driver Version" 
http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50136.aspx will tell you how to 
determine what version you are currently running.  My guess is that you are 
using v3.0.0.70

All of the current versions of software and important documentation are 
conveniently located on the FlexRadio Systems home page. 
http://www.flex-radio.com. It is on the left hand side in a table labeled 
"Current Version of Software and Documentation".  Clicking on the listing name 
will automatically start downloading the selected software to your computer.

If there is a special procedure for upgrading firmware, that too will be 
documented in the Knowledge Center in the Knowledge Base->[SDR 
hardware]->Firmware folder.  The FLEX-5000 firmware has a Firewire driver 
dependency that must be adhered to for proper operation of your SDR. For 
firmware 1.2.1.10 and above to the current version (v1.2.2.3), you must install 
the updated Firewire (hardware) driver for the FLEX-5000 (v3.2.0.1556).  Refer 
to the KC article "FLEX-5000 Firmware 1.2.1.10 Upgrade Procedure" 
http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50339.aspx for a detailed 
step-by-step procedure.

Based on your questions, I will be creating a few new KC articles, one of which 
will be a software configuration matrix that shows the Firewire driver version, 
firmware version and PowerSDR version and radio.  This should help resolve any 
future confusion regarding what software is needed to run a particular version 
of PowerSDR or firmware.



-Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Harry Williams
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 4:17 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [SPAM] [Flexradio] Updating F5K software

I am currently running old software...PowerSDR 1.10.4 and firmware 0.1.1.13 and 
Flexwire?? I would like to upgrade to the latest releases which I think are 
PowerSDR 1.14 and firmware 1.2.2.3 and flexwire 3.2.0.1556(or later).

How do I determine the version of firewire driver that is running and where do 
I get the latest driver?

Thanks,
Harry
W0LS
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kb.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to