-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Ward
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 7:28 PM
To: 'Flex'
Subject: [Flexradio] Flex 5000A Image Rejection

Hello
I am having trouble with the image rejection test in the 5000A. When I do a
Cntrl Shift P to bring up the production test panel, the receive image
rejection fails on all bands. I can easily manually tune the amplitude and
phase for excellent image rejection but the tester seems to be out of whack.
Monitoring the amplitude and phase while it attempts to tune shows me the
phase is as high as 300 and gain at -500 which is clearly not what I would
have chosen doing it manually. So the radio works, the tester seems to have
a problem. What is really bad is that after I manually tune in the image
rejection, the radio only holds that image cal for that band only as long as
I stay on that band. As soon as I jump bands, it brings up the horrible
image rejection that it determined during a failed attempt at improving the
image rejection.
I tried to do a search but most of what I found was for the SDR-1000. Anyone
have any thoughts?
Thanks and 73
Al W5LUA