From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Neal Campbell
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 9:44 PM
To: Richard Stouffer
Cc: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Any Chance... Vista 64 Bit

I am pretty sure we will hear explicitly from Flex when its 64bit signed, so
until then we will wait.

It really saddens me that none of the virtual envionment programs (vmware,
virtualbox, parallels, xen, etc.) support firewire devices.
If I had any driver writing skills I would write a firewire->USB2 and a
USB2->firewire bridge so we could fake out the virtual machines but I am sure
that the 64bit drivers will be signed long before I could write that type of
virtual driver.

I know there could be latency issues but I would bet a 3.2 gHz i7 Intel quad
proc Hyperthreaded CPU and a good motherboard with some
DDR3 1600 memory would blow past most of it.

BTW, with the new i7 Intel chips using hyperthreading, it looks like 8
processors to Windows.

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911
Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com -  $15.99
For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com
See the FlexRadio Systems Flex-5000a in
action at www.flex-videos.com