Clay,

Double check the firmware in the General tab. You should have firmware 1.3.0.0 loaded to work with PowerSDR 1.16.1. Next check the buffer in the FireWire driver (3.2.0.1556) that's the blue Flex 5000 Icon on your desktop, you should have the buffer set to 2048 or maybe 1024. 512 is too low except for the very fastest machine, but the buffer should be the same as the buffer in the Audio tab of the Setup menu, or multiples of 512, other wise there are extra data that has to be taken care of. This should help.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ

W7CE wrote:
I just received my Flex-5000A today. I hooked it up and all looked good for a while. Then I was unable to change frequency. The frequency display changes, but the panadapter doesn't move. It appears that PowerSDR thinks it changed frequency, but the 5000 didn't respond. Only solution I've found so far is to power-cycle the box and start again. Unfortunately, this is happening within a few seconds to a few minutes of every restart.

I'm using PowerSDR 1.16.1 and installed the drivers that came on the included CD. I already had PowerSDR loaded and had been using it with a SoftRock receiver with no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Clay  W7CE