From: Brian Lloyd [mailto:brian-wb6...@lloyd.com]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 10:27 AM
To: Tim Ellison
Cc: k5...@sbcglobal.net; FlexRadio
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] new version of net possible problem

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Tim Ellison <telli...@itsco.com> wrote:
> Kind of like getting a whipping before doing anything wrong because
> you will end up needing one eventually. Thank you sir, may I have
> another :-)

And I am trying to get a different machine to run powerSDR reliably.
Every hour or so, out of the blue, I get a DPC latency spike of 43000us.
Needless to say, PSDR stops working until I cycle it.

FWIW, everything is turned off, even ethernet. If I turn off any more service
tasks things stop working. But still I get that killer latency spike. The rest
of the time it is 500us.

Damn. There it goes again. Happened when I clicked on the Start button this
time. Wow a new record! 44,045us!

Look, I want so much for your products to work. No one else makes a transceiver
even remotely like the F5K. I can put up with the inconsistent and wacky
user-interface and not having a coherent baseband signal output architecture. I
roll my eyes but I can work around them and use the radio. But the frustration
of random failures due to flaky system software is maddening. I shouldn't have
to become an OS tuning expert in order to use the radio.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE SUPPORT ANOTHER OS FOR THE
FLEX PRODUCTS!!!!

Gawd I *hate* Microsoft Windows.

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL