Please download and test the new RX (ONLY) new image suppression algorithm that pretty much completely eliminates this as a topic for conversation in the DttSP, Flex, etc. world.

The mathematics has been in the DttSP repository at cgran for some time. BUT, an algorithm does not exist in a vacuum. It needs intelligent agents applying it. That has taken longer and was done with Eric Wachsmann. I could not be happier with the result SO FAR.

There are steps to take that must be taken and this is the beginning of the end of IQ as a topic, not the end itself.

branches/n4hy/iqtest/bin/Release  gets the executable.

THERE IS NO CALIBRATION FOR THIS.  It is automagic.

There may be some tuning that needs to be done to the parameters governing its use but these are completely outside user control. We are asking for your input. WARNINGS: in this same branch, I have ruined the current wreckage of ANF and NR while working to understand what is going on. I am re-doing the block LMS algorithms and that will be the standard when done. You CANNOT tune the TX image (yet) while this is running. That will come soon.

My explanations and other long winded blatherings are here:

http://n4hy.blogspot.com/2009/03/image-rejection-along-road-less.html

73's
Bob
N4HY

--
(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio Member: ARRL, AMSAT, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats,
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.