Hi Army and Dan,
          Many thanks to both of you for your responses.

Dan you instantly sent me green with envy and had me drooling over the
keyboard as I read your post regarding your EME station set up details,wow
factor big time.

Army the multiple txvr's sounds fantastic must be quite a set up to go
mobile with around the mountain tops.

Ok now I know what the problem is re XTVR present box,thank you to both of
you.

My SDR1000 is the 100w version I was "assuming" that selecting the 2m band
disabled the 100w HF pa and used J2 at 1mW output to my XV-144 as a common
I.F.

And that selecting a HF band disabled the 2m band and the J2 output and
switched over to the HF 100w pa stage and the reason for selecting "xvtr
present" was to enable such a feature now now wondering if that's correct ?

Reading your emails it sounds to me like your both using the HF output to
the external txvr at 1w and possibly have the DEMI 2m txvr internally to
drive other txvr's for higher bands.

I think my thought's of having HF and 2m together are wrong and I should
remove the HF 100w pa stage (?) and assign this SDR1000 to 2m and above.

Many thanks again to both of you I think this issue is almost resolved and
the problem was me not understanding the process but now I think I
understand how the process works.

HF 1watt = 2m external
J2 2m internal = 23cm ,13cm etc etc

As 2m EME is my only interest at this stage the 100w pa stage is coming out.
Sincere and kind regards to both of you.

Paul

Subject: Re: [Flexradio] SDR1000 + external 2m txvr & relay race problem

Paul,

If I remember correctly, clicking "XVTR present" on the Setup tab only
pertains to having an internal DEMI FRS 2m transverter installed on top of
the SDR-1000 board stack.  For external transverters, I believe that box
remains unchecked, and only the Transverters setup screen needs to be
configured.

At one point, I had my 1-watt SDR-1000 driving an external DEMI 144-28HP,
which in turn drove my Lunar-Link LA-22, with a LNA Technology CAV144
preamp on RX, all sequenced by an external N6CA sequencer driven with a
footswitch.  It worked great - essentially a 1500-watt 2m SDR-1000.  I had
no issues with relay racing as I moved across the band.  I'm now expanding
to a multi-band setup with the Flex 5K, which sets up almost identically.

You are correct on the power setting.  100% means 100% out of the SDR-1000.

73,
Dan  KB5MY/6  DM13nc