I've been looking through the PowerSDR code to see how the RX meter signal strength is computed. Based on what I've observed it appears to based on the maximum signal found within the currently selected bandwidth. So if I'm receiving two CW signals within the current bandwidth, it will show the strength of the stronger signal. Am I reading this correctly? If so, I'd like to add a new RX meter option that displays the true RMS power for the selected bandwidth and increases the display resolution to 0.1 dB. I think this addition will allow PowerSDR to accurately display the noise floor of the receiver when the antenna port is terminated with a 50 ohm load. The current implementation seems to give close, but not totally accurate results (my results seem to be off by about 1-2 dB)

I have Microsoft Visual Studio .net 2003 and can build the source, but would appreciate it if one of the PowerSDR gurus could help point me in the correct direction in the source code. I think I've found most of the code, but I'm not sure where the average signal is computed.

Thanks & 73,
Clay W7CE