Clay,

I think the code you are looking for is in DttSP/sdr.c in a function called
do_rx_meter.  I believe it is already doing what you're wanting though (i.e.
calculating total power within the filter).  This is pretty easy to verify
with a two-tone signal generator setup.  In my experience, the DSP is
definitely accurate to 0.1dB (and probably a bit more).

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems