Brian,

Your points are well taken. However, recent items in this thread seemed to be suggesting that a stripped down, dedicated PC was a requirement for running the radio, even to the extent of resorting to esoteric flavors of XP! At least in my (statistically small sample of one) case, this has proven to be otherwise. At the moment, it is convenient for me to run a basically unmodified instance of XP Pro on a 4-core machine. In that guise I can comfortably run my SDR-1000 on the delta44 card and another instance of PowerSDR for my HPSDR kit, while still doing mail, web browsing, digital modes via Ham Radio Deluxe, etc.

As I add to my HPSDR kit, I'll likely consider a more dedicated approach for that radio.

When the details of the new architecture are available I'll evaluate the distribution options that will be available, and no doubt needed, to take advantage of the new possibilities.

Yes, I am indeed familiar with Moore's Law and am comfortable that my present configuration (and any additional SDR capabilities I might desire in the immediate future) will be accommodated by currently achievable technology. Of course, I hope Bob, Frank, and the other primary developers prove otherwise.

Pete, N3EVL