Good day, all;

I used to have an SDR-1000 a long time ago. Back then, I enjoyed the progression the radio's functionality took, as I did the right-click and selected (whatever it was) to allow the latest SVN to be installed.

Now that I have received my shiny Flex-3000, I am wondering if this is an applicable action for those of us who are running this new series of radio.

It SEEMS very logical that YES, we can do this same action, but I am running on an HP Pavilion computer which now has XP SP-3 running on it, AFTER A VERY LONG BATTLE to make this a possibility. (It was Visty, before.) I am just a little worried that I might mess up the efforts expended, you see.

I have downloaded and installed TortoiseSVN-1.6.1.16129-win32-svn-1.6.1.msi. Per the instructions, I have made a new folder named PowerSDR SVN. By right-clicking on this new folder, I selected "SVN Checkout," then downloaded "Binaries Only: svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/trunk/bin/Release" as shown in the Tortoise instructions. Looking at the LOG MESSAGES, I now see the newest revision as number 2943. (I was SURE that I saw this number as nn50 (2950?) just before I updated this list a moment ago! -What's THAT all about?)

   So, my basic questions:
1. Is it OK to right-click on the PowerSVN folder, select SVN Update?
2. If I do this, I am assuming that PowerSDR 1.18.0 is to be shut down.
3. After I download the SVN(s), will I see an SVN number at the top of PowerSDR?

   What steps do I need to take?

   Thank you for your patience.  (I need this, as I am an old phart.)

73! Mike K0JTA