From: Gerald Youngblood [mailto:ger...@flex-radio.com]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 10:11 AM
To: 'm...@s3com.net'; 'Dudley Hurry'
Cc: 'flexradio@flex-radio.biz'
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] [CASE CLOSED!!!] Atu malfunction with Flex-3000

Mike,

This is a "cut and paste" error from the FLEX-5000 manual into the FLEX-3000
manual.  The ATU in the FLEX-5000 covers a 10:1 range (6 - 1000 Ohms) as
compared to the 3:1 range (12.5 - 100 Ohms) in the FLEX-3000.  While the ATU
in the FLEX-3000 is specified to 3:1 loads, it will attempt to tune up to
4:1.

We are going to make a change to the PowerSDR software to provide more
information when the antenna is outside the tuner's range.

Regards,
Gerald

Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR
President