Ed:

Many operators of the 5000A have experienced the audio problem you have over the last couple of years. I have tried all types of settings with the radio and all types of setting with audio processing to get rid of that nasty edgeiness to the audio with no success. About a year ago, Flex Radio said they were aware of the problem and were looking into it. Some suggested it was a bias setting problem and they reset the bias - problem did not go away. for the past 8 or so months, I have not received any further progress reports on their research into the problem. Further complicating the problem is that some people just can't hear the distortion.......this complication creates a denial of any audio problems by some people. I describe the audio distortion as an edgeiness on the high frequencies....almost, but not quite like RF getting into the audio.

The real fact is it is there and it doesn't sound good.

Mike, K6ZSR

Ed Helms wrote:
I am using a 5000a with a Heil PR40 mic. My audio reports are that it has a
raspy edge to my words. I cant seem to adjust it out...any suggestions?
N4zvn>Ed