NASTY AUDIO --  A month ago I posted the same issue -  by profession I have
been down this road before.  I have done everything I know and everything
they have told me to do. Flex always comes back to a "FIREWIRE" issue.  I
have several friends who have the same issue. The problem comes and goes -
in my case it is primarily only on 75 meters.  I can run the Alpha at full
power or run just the 5000 at 2 watts, the intensity of the
problem doesn't change. It may not be heard one hour but be overwhelming the
next.    This leads me to believe there is a basic design issue - maybe
something very simple in the amp or exciter. I have heard RF corruption on
data before - and that is what it sounds like.
You wanted me to send the radio back to play with it, but others have sent
theirs back and Flex could not reproduce the problem... Then Flex wanted me
to send my computer and radio to them to try and reproduce it.  Sorry - I
need my computer.... Bottom line, I think it is both environmental (local
area)  and design...

I have a question - How many of these users have a AM broadcast station near
by - ! have a 50K 3 milea away on .690 Khz.  - .. .  I did notice a some
decrease if my Cell was at least 10 feet away - which leads me back to RFI
issues INSIDE the 5000.  Maybe or maybe not shielding - perhaps a lack of RF
bleeding going into some I/O  which could be a leg of a chip to an entire
port...  Maybe a single ,01 need to be placed someplace!

To answer dud's question,

Yes you can hear it on a dummy load -
Yes you can hear it on the monitor
Yes I tried to send the WAV file, but the file size is to big --
Yes I hear the very same problem on others transmissions
Yes I changed the bias
Yes I am frustrated!

Suggestion - Lets see if a known working 5000, in the same environment as
one not working does the same thing.  I have a full R.F. lab here.  If you
have a known good unit, let me give it a test run.

We both know that somethings can not be reproduced in the lab... time to go
to the field!  One thing we all know, most ham's don't have an ideal
 R.F. environment and radios designers need to keep that in mind

--
          Jim  Menefee
  James W. Menefee, Jr. P.A.