Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 7:15 PM
Subject: RE: [SPAM] Re: [Flexradio] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Frequency change by"slidingacrosspanadapter"

Clay,

You are missing the point. You asked about dragging outside of the panadapter and the frequency still being changed (see where I reposted your quote). That has nothing to do with Spur Reduction being on or off.

The state of the Spur Reduction control (on or off) has a secondary effect that manifests itself as a jittery display (not a smooth drag) and/or audio drop outs when dragging the console to tune the radio and it is related to the algorithm used to render the Panadapter when the DDS is being changed.

My original reply to Tim contained a link to the Knowledge Center that describes the advantages and disadvantages of using Spur Reduction. Refer to the last paragraph. http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50380.aspx

-Tim