The ways I have found to do this:
1. Move your 1394 card to a different pci slot. Bob (N4HY) has felt
that the best option was the last pci slot but I haven't seen that
pattern.Switch your cards around, boot up, go to device manager and
see how it affects your config.
2. If you have the manual for your motherboard, look at the
documentation for your bios. There are a couple of things you can play
with. First, some bios's have a PnP IRQ mapping feature that can allow
you to to map an IRQ to a PCI slot. The second thing you can try is if
your Bios has the option for defining whether you are using a
PnP-aware OS. Normally you set this to NO so that the Bios assigns
iRQs to the devices (trust the bios more than the OS I guess). I have
found that it can change things if you turn this to YES and see how
Windows allocates the IRQs. Sometimes it can help, sometimes not.
3. Disable devices you do not need. Best is to disable them in the
bios but if you cannot, disable them in the Windows device manager. As
an example, most new machines come with 6 Sata drive capacity. Since
most of us are still using IDE for dvd-r drives, if you turned off all
Sata devices and used an old IDE disk drive, it will free up a bunch
of IRQs. Disable LPT, serial ports, onboard audio, extra USB
controllers, whatever. The more IRQs you have free the better chance
that the distribution will be wider.

Thats about the best I know of to manage these in todays computer!

73
Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
(540) 242 0911