First I want to thank everyone for all their suggestions.  The 3000 was pack up
and ready to head back to Austin at least 6 times the last 2 days.  I lost
count.

I finally went to Fry's and bought a new firewire cable.  It is a 6 foot Belkin
double shielded 1394, model F3N400-06-ICE.

Here is a link:
http://www.belkin.com/images/product/F3N400-06-ICE/FUL1_F3N400-06-ICE.jpg

Also I stopped at Radio Shack and bought 4 of their 273-0105 Ferrite snap on
filters. I put 2 on each of the FW cable end and hooked it up.

All works good everywhere with both my Shyhawk and my Alpha Delta DXCC Plus
with the amp at full power.

I do have a touch of RF in the MIC on 75 and 40 on the Alpha Delta by I have
always has that no ,atter what radio I have used on that antenna.  It's not
noticable unless I ask someone about.  But I stll plan to work on it later.

So now that It working everywhere I can enjoy the radio.  I just wish the boys
at Flex would spend an extra $10-15 dollars and put a better cable with the
radio.  The one I used is a good choice.  It might save them some returns and a
lot of trouble for folks like me.  But I'll get off that soap box and turn to
something else.

What microphones do you guys use? I am using a Heil GM-5 Goldline  dual element
and have never really liked it.

Again thanks for all the help.  I would have never figured that cable even
though several of you told me it fixed your station.

Harold

WA5ZZT

Now a Happy Flexer :)