Mark,

I think that you are running out system resources.. In a Real time system like this, anything averaging over 50%, does not give you much reserve when something else hits, some program looking for an update, memory paging, anything can cause audio drops or freeze ups.. You can try stopping the panadapter, depending on your graphics subsystem, you will see quite a drop in CPU usage and may allow PowerSDR to continue. You may need to update a graphics card driver since you loaded SP2.. You have to be careful with the service packs, sometimes they will effect the subsystems that we use pretty heavy, and the vendor will need to come up with a new driver to get over some newly inserted issue..

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ

Mark Lunday wrote:
Vista Ultimate 32 bit, SP2.  Panafall, 96 kHz rate with 2048 buffer.
Panafall display.

I am seeing SDR 1.18.1 with the following behaviors:  freezing about three
times a day, I have to stop and restart.

Once a day it will crash on my machine.  I have to unplug and reinsert the
Firewire connection to get it working again; reboot of machine and restart
of F3K alone does not fix the crash.

Additional notes:  Running MixW 2.18 also.  CPU is about 60%, then jumps to
80% when I start turning on NB, SPUR.  Why MixW 2.18? I am trying to do CW,
but there seems to be a lag on the CW keying.I am using just straight key
input to F3K from my LogiKey K3 with Bencher paddle.  The lag affects CW so
much that I keep getting extra dits out even when I don't want them.  I have
to go to MixW 2.18 and do keyboard CW to get smoother code and fewer errors.

Mark Lunday

WD4ELG

 <mailto:wd4...@arrl.net> wd4...@arrl.net

 <http://wd4elg.net> http://wd4elg.net