From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Mark Lunday
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:00 AM
To: 'Flexradio'
Subject: [Flexradio] More strong-signal adjacent images

Yes, ANF works beautifully (thanks to Lee W9OY for the tip).  I was able to
completely block out a LID that was tuning up just 20 Hz up from the weak DX
signal.  Simply amazing, I got Q5 copy.

But I have a question about strong signals coming through: tonight, W1AW on
20 CW, -80 dbm on 14048 here at my QTH.  I was able to see an image of the
ARRL CW signal on 14033, -110 dbm. (but not at 14063).

Also, observed multiple harmonics of a strong signal (-110 dBm) as I tuned
above him (but not below him).  As I tuned tp +2 kHz above his CW carrier, I
observed mini-harmonics (-120 dBm) every 1 kHz for 5 kHz down.  As soon as I
tuned to +3 kHz above his signal, these disappeared.  I was able to
replicate.

This is 1.18.1 on F3K.  Obviously something I need to tweak, but not sure
what.  Recommendations?

Mark Lunday

WD4ELG

 <mailto:wd4...@arrl.net> wd4...@arrl.net