The freezes with the beta version of HRD have been reported by others.  If it 
worked with the previous version of HRD and doesn't now, that fairly well sums 
up where the problem is located assume that VAC and Com0Com didn't change.


-Tim


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jack Haverty
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 11:42 AM
To: John Sweeney
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] PowerSDR and DM-780 ver. 5.0 question

John,

I have seen these "freezes" also using the same configuration.  I'm new
to HRD (and PSK and Flex) so I can't say if it was different before.
The DM780 waterfall freezes for a second or so, then quickly catches up.
As far as I can tell, it doesn't lose any text.  I haven't noticed if
the PSDR waterfall also freezes, will look next time.

The freezeup seems to be correlated with using the Internet, e.g., to do
a callsign lookup.  It happens frequently when I highlight a callsign
and hit "callsign lookup".

It hasn't bothered me much - I just wait a second and the text catches
up.

73,
Jack K3FIV Point Arena, CA

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 10:52 -0400, John Sweeney wrote:
> 
> I was about to post this question on the HRD reflector, but decided to try
> here first to see if anyone else has this issue first.  This issue is
> probably unique to PowerSDR and/or ComOCom and VAC with Ham Radio Deluxe.
> 
> With the new HRD Ver. 5.0 beta and DM 780, I have occasional delays with
> short freeze of 2 seconds in the DM 780 program processing.  Audio and
> waterfall stops for a few seconds, but starts back up and prints out a few
> letters that were copied prior to the freeze.   As if a buffer is
> overflowing in the CAT  commands, or VAC.    I should see if problem
> continues in audio while not  connected via ComOCom.
> 
> Previous versions of HRD and all the other digi programs, Mix, MMSSTV, etc,
> operate fine without this occasional stop.   Has anyone else noticed this
> with the new Ham Radio Deluxe ver. 5.0 beta?    If so, I will make sure
> Simon and the HRD team is aware.
> 
> 73 John, N3WT



_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/
Message delivered to [email protected]

_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/
Message delivered to [email protected]

Reply via email to