Mike,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It is anyone's prerogative to own any type of radio they please. The K3 is a good radio.

I know Juan. I have sold him hardware in the past. He did not directly solicit any funds for a FLEX-500;, he just wanted to get one cheap - 2nd hand. You can't fault someone for trying to maximize the value of a dollar in this economy. All of the people who volunteered to help him out (including me) our offers of money were turned down. Instead he directed us to donate to a charity in Miami for Cuban refugee children.

He isn't a con man.  Just very frugal.

-Tim
---
W4TME
FlexRadio Systems - Info Management Admin.
"Tune in Excitement"