I believe the preselector in the flex is already I2C (aka flexwire) aware.
Much of the hardware in the flex operates under the I2C protocol.  That is one
of the amazing things, the computer tells the driver transistors and the finals
what their bias is for example, and that can be adjusted from a screen in the
computer, so if you want to go from class AB to class A its just a matter of
entering that class A bias settings into the computer

Just keep repezating to yourself "the computer is the radio, the computer is
the radio, the computer IS the radio"  :)

73  W9OY