Dave,

I think Hayward's book covers everything you suggested, except PowerSDR. Take a look for yourself.

Tom

Dave Gomberg wrote:
At 08:38 PM 8/1/2009, Tom Thompson wrote:
The ARRL publication: "Experimental Methods in RF Design" by Wes Hayward, W7ZOI, Rick Campbell, KK7B, and Bob Larkin, W7PUA answers a lot of these questions plus chapter 10 deals very well with DSP. Also, Doug Smith's book "Digital Signal Processing Technology" is another excellent ARRL publication that deals with the fundamentals of DSP.

So this book spends a good deal of time on why SDRs need such intensive sw support in the PC? That doesn't really seem like an RF issue to me.... And the book I am suggesting has next to nothing on DSP.

Tom   W0IVJ

Dave Gomberg wrote:
This post has me convinced there is a good market for a book, provisionally titled:
SDR basics.

Chapters might be:  Hardware radios, Software radios, PowerSDR,
Hardware considerations, Helper software and addons.

Not really a nuts-and-bolts kind of book, the list is good for that.
More a conceptual
description so that the meaning of the elements is well understood, and there is a link between buzz-words and acronyms on the one hand and concepts and block diagram
functions on the other.

I would think given the target market, e-publishing would be best.
Comments????