At 08:48 AM 8/3/2009, Brian Lloyd wrote:

On Aug 3, 2009, at 6:51 AM, Dave Gomberg wrote:

At 02:51 PM 8/2/2009, Brian Lloyd wrote:
2. Will I gain functionality if I upgrade?

The RIGHT question is Will I gain functionality/stability/ performance if I upgrade?

I would readily upgrade for no functionality gain if the perf was up
and the errors were down....

Of course. I tend to lump reliability in with functionality.

To me functionality means new features (like Pretty Betty),
reliability means doesn't crash/leave around phantom processes/require reboots/require database resets.....

--

73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL
Brian Lloyd - brian HYPHEN wb6rqn AT lloyd DOT com

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg1 at wcf dot com
All addresses, phones, etc. at http://www.wcf.com/ham/info.html