At 07:10 AM 9/11/2009, George Shapow wrote:
While I l;ove the Flex systems, I also love the 9000 and the 1000. The 9000 satisfies my craving for knobs and the Flex my craving for SDR. But both are fine radios. Neither blows the other out of the water.

What I find very strange in all this is that no one seems to have addressed that you use a conventional-style radio with your ears almost exclusively, while you use a SDR with eyes and ears almost equally. Without Panafall, half the appeal (to me) of my F3K would be lost.

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg1 at wcf dot com
All addresses, phones, etc. at http://www.wcf.com/ham/info.html