From: flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz
[mailto:flexradio-boun...@flex-radio.biz] On Behalf Of Jim
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2009 10:08 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] antenna switching and receiver 1 & 2 odd behavior

The following is with both receiver 1 and receiver 2 tuned to 1.590 Mhz - a
strong broadcast signal

It seems to me that the antenna module is not properly switching or that
things aren't connected properly inside the radio .

I'm waiting on the tool to allow me to unscrew the cover to look but in the
meantime I thought I'd ask the group if there are any thoughts about this.

Note that a few days ago I posted a question on the reflector asking how
come receiver 2 had no signal. After moving the radio a bit to get at the
back, receiver 2 started working but had a reduced signal level as well as
not operating properly based upon the antenna selection.

Thanks for your feedback on this

Jim

WD7W

Antenna 1 is a DX-cc Dipole

Antenna 2 is a Mystery Antenna

RX2 in is connected to a taktena

Antenna 3 connector is not connected to anything

Scenario 1

Receiver 1 antenna set to RX1 in

Receiver 2 antenna set to RX1 tap

No signal shown on receiver 1 or receiver 2 as expected

Scenario 2

Receiver 1 antenna set to N/C

Receiver 2 antenna set to N/C

-60db am signal on receiver 1