From: "Peter G. Viscarola" <pete...@osr.com>
To: "Dan Eisenman" <k8...@allprophoto.net>, flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 2:08:58 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Flex settings for great AM ?

> time for me was about 1960 , so any advice would be welcome on
> setting , how well it works etc .

The SDR/FlexRadio seems to be pretty well known in AM circles as being "very
good" -- I spent some time for the first time in my life on AM last weekend
using my SDR-1000, and on my very first try got "very good" audio reports.
This from a group of folks with all sorts of expensive microphones (one guy had
a Neumann TLM 103, for example) and long complicated processor chains of EQs
and such.

A couple of things that were PARTICULARLY nice were the result of being able to
SEE the other folks signals: (a) Seeing them made it was very easy to center-up
on them, (b) Seeing them allowed me to know how wide each person had their
bandwidth set -- THAT was an education in itself.

So, if a recommendation from a totally inexperienced AM'er is of any use...
there you have it.

I really enjoyed AM...

Peter
K1PGV