Ah, "ruining the panel." That brings back memories of 1958 when the railroad brought my new 102 inch CB whip to me along with a nice big mount and spring. In those days I had no way to cut a hole in the deck of my 1958 ford so I went to the dealer and asked that he do it. He protested that such a foolish act would decrease the value of the car. The hole was sawed. And I went on to drill a hole in the back panel for an additional jack for my brand new HQ-180C and went right into the band switch. So it should certainly not surprise anyone when, without hesitation, I drilled into the front panel of the Flex5000A and mounted a nice big knob. I see it simply as a parallel to a woman with some clothes being more interesting than one without. I find nothing wrong with the original PowerSDR display but it will be more interesting if change is possible. Of course, I find the description "skin" to be objectionable and would have preferred that the word be used only by young "telephone types."

73

Lee   K9WRU

Quoting EB4APL <eb4...@cembreros.jazztel.es>:
Bill,

I agree with you 100%.  With the skins this radio is so upgradeable that
now you can even drill and repaint it as much as you like without the
risk of ruining the panel :-) .
73 de Ignacio, EB4APL