Yes, I agree... there is a serious problem with AGC overshoot and hanging in the AM Mode...I also hope this is being addressed, as it does make Weak signal AM broadcast listening difficult...It also appears to have the same issue with SAM mode reception if I recall....All it takes is some static to overwhelm the AGC in SLOW, and it can take up to 20 seconds for the gain to recover, unless you change modes which seems to reset the AGC. I can recreate the problem simply switching the external antenna switch.

73...Jordan VE6ZT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Barber" <audio...@charter.net>
Cc: <flexradio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] What's going on Folks?

Your use of "any significant bugs" reminds me that there are still non-trivial issues with the AGC in AM mode. I believe they've been reported by different people in various ways and are still outstanding as of 1.18.3 .

Not to detract from your other comments in any way. The 5000A is still my favorite radio toy and will no doubt remain so for quite some time yet.

73,
Jim, N7CXI

Neal Campbell wrote:
I think the main problem Fred is the lack of big problems. We don't have any
significant bugs (I stress the word significant), customer support is
excellent, communications with Flex is great, the user base is helpful and devoid of obnoxious flamers and we know whats coming down the road and want
the team at Flex to focus on achieving their vision so it doesn't leave a
lot of room for discussions. 400 emails a day just saying "What a great rig" is kinda boring and we do feel the need to communicate with each other and Flex on how we love the radios, so it doesn't leave many topics available.

I guess in keeping with the season, I will offer some thanks!

Gerald, stupendous job keeping this company afloat and progressing the
leading edge. You seem to know when to let the best of your people take over
while staying in control.

Eric and the development team, thanks for answering my dumb questions during the year in what had to be a pressure-cooker of a year. Between Deep Impact
and 2.0, it surely must have been stressfull.

Greg, your energy and positive outlook almost let us recover from John's
departure, you are a great addition to the team.

Its hard to estimate what our life would be like with Ed, Dudley and Tim,
how can they keep so much info in their heads and remain (somewhat) normal.
The (somewhat) was more directed at Tim but he's a great guy.

Thanks Cowboy Bob for your brilliance and occasional bursts of truth that
refocuses our discussions.

Finally, thanks to all the great owners who are always there when there is a problem. If you ever were a member of some other vendor mailing lists which seemingly detested the company and each other, this list is the happiest and
healthiest of any I ever saw. This is the only mailing list I would enjoy
meeting at Dayton.

Thanks all!
Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software