I have put in a lot of mental hours and more than a few emails on this topic
over the past 2 years, for 2 reasons. I think the Flex radios could be the
premier contest radio on the market with just a bit of work and I also think
our general ham community would benefit from the changes (plus it would
increase sales which means Flex will remain healthy and produce that 128
module rig I have been hoping for!

In reality, I think 2x3000s are the premier config. We would need to
fandangle PowerSDR, build on the 5000 implementation logic so it could run
dual panadapters from two 3000s instead of 1 dual-rx 5000.

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
(540) 242 0911