Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] start up issues get worse

Folks,

I have been reading about these terrible unremitting problems for nearly two years now and have to admit that while I do take care to keep up good radio housekeeping (grounding, common mode ferrite chokes, shielding) I simply do not experience this stuff. My computers are not new and, in fact, one seems to be the object of many of the complaints!

But I do have a question and a comment. I never, never attach the SDR computers (the 3000 & 5000A have their own dedicated machines) to the internet! Well, that's not entirely true since from time to time I do need specific updates but normally all software is received on another computer, the file(s) transferred to CD and then downloaded to the SDR computer.

My question is this: Am I just lucky or is what I'm doing a fairly good, and perhaps accepted, way to avoid trouble?

73

Lee   K9WRU
----- Original Message ----- From: "Edwin Marzan" <edwin_mar...@hotmail.com>