On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Tom Brown N4TAB <n4...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> If this *is* correct, then ARQ operation with fairly low RX signal levels
> and rapid TX-RX turnaround would require a specific post-TX  RX AGC profile
> to keep the RX AGC from attacking the weak RX signals, following TX.  Is
> this correct?  Additionally, that would also mean that a useful AGC profile
> operating on the desired RX antenna signal would not be possible, with the
> current PowerSDR configuration.  Is this correct?

I think that Bob, N4HY, recently commented on how they are flushing
the RX buffers between TX and RX. That would cause the AGC to "start
from scratch" every time the TX unkeyed.

> What I'm aiming at is a situation where the RX AGC is hit by the big (Flex)
> TX signal and can't recover fast enough to allow the weaker signal to be
> heard, owing to AGC timing.

Generally speaking, you are right. The solution (and I think it is in
there) is to clamp the AGC off during TX, or, better still, make it an
option. If the latter I haven't noticed it but then I operate half-dux
with only one antenna.

> Did I miss anything - is there a way to reset the RX AGC buffers following a
> TX event (half-duplex)?

All things are possible in software. ;-)

> If this is a basic misconception on my part, or if I overlooked existing
> information, I apologize.

Sounded like a really good and thoughtful question to me.

--
73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL