From: Peter G. Viscarola <pete...@osr.com>
To: flexradio Reflector <FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz>
Sent: Mon, January 11, 2010 9:51:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Fully Automated, robotic?

> It's interesting to note that only 5 Xtreme category logs have been
> submitted out of >5500 total log submissions so far and <0.1%
> participation seems to indicate little interest in this category.
> Being at the top of 5 total entries doesn't thrill me but it would be
> easy to win a plaque since there's so little competition.

Have people actually written "fully automated" robotic contest exchange
software?

If so, as a software engineer, I'd love to see it and see how it's done.

Even though contest exchanges are pretty well circumscribed, I think it would
STILL be difficult to automate the exchange with a high degree of reliability,
given QRM/QRN, the variability in callsign signatures, requests for
retransmits, etc.

It's an interesting natural language parsing problem, which I admit is not my
field of expertise any more than signal processing.  But interesting
nonetheless,

Peter
K1PGV