We benefit from the outside work, work we have no time to do ourselves, and everyone benefits that wishes to use his fantastic work.

I think probably this discussion is better held in Flex Edge since it is about nonexistent (so pre-alpha ;-) software.

Bob

On 2/4/2010 12:40 PM, Rudy Bakalov wrote:
Lesson learned from Apple and Microsoft is to release smaller, but more frequent updates to their products. If VoiceShaper is a Windows-only product, why not consider integrating it into the existing version of PowerSDR rather than wait for the yet-to-be-delivered v2.0? This would be a good way to keep the excitement around the F5L platform and gain some advantage compared to the competition.
Rudy N2WQ
--- On Thu, 2/4/10, Bob McGwier<rwmcgw...@gmail.com>  wrote:

From: Bob McGwier<rwmcgw...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] Voice Shaper 0.93 beta
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 12:33 PM

Alex has his own distribution process/site for the many programs he
sells and/or gives away.

FLEX cannot distribute it with PowerSDR, but we can and should test for
the presence of this dll and make use of it.  We can and will be doing
this a lot in the replacement code coming this year after PowerSDR 2.0
as a matter of course.  This is because of our need to be consistent
with VAC and other non-GPL code.

I am thinking we should offer several modes built into the GUI with the
dll's that are present everywhere to do exactly that, just as Alex is
mentioning.  Then we would have "in radio" digital modes as well as
being able to support other's standalone effort via VAC.

Bob