I am receiving reports that my audio has a "weird" echo/reverb.  In tracking
down the possible point where RF is getting into the audio, I'm wondering if
pin 5 (PTT-) and pin 7 (Mic-) of the foster plug (Mic and PTT front panel)
should be connected together since pin 7 is Mic(-) and pin 5 is Chassis Ground
(shield) on the Flex front panel receptacle?

Knowledge Base Article 50372, deals with a Heil ProSet IC Headset (condenser
mic), and states that pins 5 & 7 are to be connected to the shield of the mic.
Mine is a Heil ProSet Plus (non-condenser mic).

Lynn Willoughby, AE5LK