Ron,

The issue with Remote Desktop is that it by default will take over the sound drivers (which the Flex is controlled and passes I/Q signals) so this is why the radio is not coming up.. Try LogMeIn or one of the VNC variants to take control of the computer, I think that you will find that it will work much better.

73,
Dudley

WA5QPZ

Ronald G. Parsons wrote:
I am trying to use Remote Desktop Connection to run PSDR 1.18.3 or 1.18.4. The
FLEX-3000 is attached to a Neal Campbell low-cost system running Win 7 Pro 32
with all latest FLEX drivers. The remote machines (tried two) are running Win 7
Home Premium. One an Acer laptop (64bit, Intel SU2300 @ 1.2 GHz). One an HP
desktop (32 bit, Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4 GHz). Connection is WiFi 802.11g WEP.

PSDR runs properly and can be controlled from the remote machine if it had been
started before the remote connection had been made. However, if I try to start PSDR
from the remote machine, the splash screen appears but stops with the progress bar
about 1/4" along saying Initializing Hardware. It eventually times out.

What causes loading to stop?

Ron W5RKN