On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Fred <fbrande...@comcast.net> wrote:
> To me, that is totally unacceptable, sorry.

OK, that's your prerogative.

> A dedicated PTT line is a normal requirement for a transceiver.

It has one. It comes out on the mic jack.

> I hope Flex reconsiders, the SDR1000 was bad enough.
> It is easier, more reliable, and cheaper in IMHO, for Flex to just include
> such a simple thing!

I guess I am confused as it appears to me that it is already there,
just on the mic jack and not repeated on the back panel.

> I am not interested in "no brainer" projects like that.

Well, in my experience playing with transverters and preamps located
at the antenna I don't see any way around having a sequencer. Even
when using relay switching I would use the mic PTT line to key the
changeover relay and the contacts on the changeover relay to key the
transmitter. It is really nice that Flex provides sequenced contact
closures with the F5K but rolling one with a microcontroller using
power MOSFETs as switches seems pretty simple to me.

But I understand the gist of what you are saying, just not the part
about how they didn't provide a PTT line.

> off soap box....

No worries.

--
73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL